A History Rich In Tradition
Southside Regional Medical Center has been serving the community for over 100 years. In 1884, the original hospital was established as the Petersburg Home for the Sick at 430 South Sycamore Street.
In 1886, it was named Petersburg Hospital.
In 1953, a new hospital was built at its current location, 801 South Adams Street. It became known as Petersburg General Hospital.
In 1986, to reflect the larger geographical area we serve, as well as the comprehensive services that have been added over the years, the hospital's name was changed to Southside Regional Medical Center.
In the summer of 2008, a $145 million replacement hospital opened at the present location of 200 Medical Park Boulevard, Petersburg.
Southside Regional Medical Center serves the communities of Petersburg, Hopewell, Colonial Heights, Fort Lee and Chester and the counties of Prince George, Dinwiddie, Sussex, Surry and southern Chesterfield.