Orthopedic/Post Surgical Services
The goal of Orthopedic Surgery at Southside Regional Medical Center is to restore the parents to pre-injury status. Certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery, Southside Regional Medical Center offers the following areas of orthopedic surgery.
- Pediatric Orthopedic- Care of injuries, deformities and diseases of the bones, joints, muscles and tendons in children.
- Sports Medicine- Orthopedic Surgeons at Southside Regional Medical Center specialize in the care of the injured athlete and provide a full range of arthroscopic capabilities, including outpatient anterior cruciate ligament reconstruction.
- Joint Replacement and Surgery in Arthritis- Care of patients with advanced arthritis including medical treatment, joint replacement and other procedures.
- Foot and Ankle
- Hand Surgery- Surgical and non-surgical treatment of the hand and wrist.
- Shoulder and Elbow
- Spine- Surgical and non-surgical treatment of deformities, injuries and disorders of the back and neck. Our non-surgical treatment options include percutaneous discectomy and also VAX-D, a non-surgical procedure for treating the disabling lower back conditions of herniated discs, degenerative discs and sciatica.
- Trauma and Fractures- Treatment of injuries to the bones, joints, muscles, tendons, nerves and vessels in the arms, legs, back and neck.
- Musculoskeletal Oncology- Treatment of benign and malignant tumors of bones, joints and muscles.
- Reconstructive Surgery- Total joint replacement for degenerative disease of the shoulder, hip, elbow, wrist, foot and knee, and revision surgery.
- Rehabilitation- Short and long-term programs to improve strength and mobility and to optimize recovery.
- Arthroscopy and Arthroscopic Surgery- Diagnosis and treatment of joint diseases and injuries using minimally invasive arthroscopic methods.
Pre- and Post-Surgical Areas of Expertise include:
- Lumbar and cervical spine injuries
- Herniated and degenerative disc disease
- ACL rehabilitation
- Rotator cuff syndromes
- Carpal tunnel syndromes
- Total hip/knee replacements
- Fractures, dislocations, sprains and strains
- Bursitis, arthritis, and tendonitis
For more information regarding our orthopaedic services, please call 804-765-5060.