The goal of our Spiritual Care Services Department is to engage the spiritual dimension of individuals including their beliefs, faith, culture, values and religious practices. Healing, coping, well-being and growth of the individual are among are goals. Spiritual Care Services are available to patients, their families and our health care staff regardless of religious affiliation, and are available free of charge.
Spiritual Care Services may include any of the following and more:
- Sharing feelings, such as anger, hope, fear or sorrow.
- Talking about the meaning of life and/or the experience of dying.
- Praying, meditating or reading the Scripture of other inspirational writings.
- Discussing religious beliefs and concerns.
- Reviewing one's life by sharing stories and speaking about relationships.
- Reflecting one's relationship with God or belief in a higher power.
- Participating in a ritual or receiving the sacraments.
- Exploring one's feelings about pain and suffering.
- Seeking forgiveness or discussing reconciliation of relationships.
- Supporting difficult decisions.
- Encouragement, giving of thanks and celebration.
For more information, call at 804-765-5593.